Monday, October 12, 2009

Starting from the Foundation, Up

I met with LISC Phoenix's executive director, Teresa Brice, this past week. It was more of a review and discussion of what I have been doing for LISC up to this point. It was such a good meeting, I feel so fortunate to work with people who are passionate about what they do, the staff at LISC is great! I discussed with Teresa what my long term goals were and picked her brain for ideas. Ideally I would love to open my own organization that deals with affordable housing, so Teresa helped me create an outline of what I need to start doing. Teresa herself has an organization in Mesa that she started several years ago that deals with affordable housing, the woman has her foot in almost every door! She was able to give me contact information to further assist me in making my goals a reality. Hopefully this is the start to building a great foundation. I just cannot thank everyone at LISC enough for being an inspirational guide in my life!

This cartoon paints the sometimes unfortunate reality of affordable housing

2 comments:

  1. I love the cartoon. I shamelessly admitt that I still live at home. Rent is a hell of a lot cheaper when Dad is the landlord. I just found out that my manager at work is paying $800 and month for a duplex that looks suspiciously like the bcx in the cartoon only divided in half. I am sorry but I do not think that anywhere in Phoenix is worth $800 a month for a one room appartment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy living at home while you can and save your money! Having a house payment has both pros and cons. BTW - If anyone is interesting in renting a house in Central Phoenix my wife and I have a rental that will be available Jan. 1st.

    ReplyDelete