Friday, September 4, 2009

In Summary

Hello "blogosphere." This is my official “blogspot” where I will be documenting all of the details for my internship with Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC). For you viewers it is a “LIST” of “ANSWERS” for all you may want to know in regards to what it is I am doing.

First off, I want to give you a little insight into what my Intern entails. LISC, in collaboration with CDCs (Community Development Corporations), helps to identify local priorities and challenges in distressed, low-income neighborhoods, delivering the most appropriate support to meet local needs.
Currently I am helping write a grant proposal to leverage funds for a program that will provide green job training to low-income individuals, ex-offenders, high school dropouts, and those severely affected by the economy.

I will continue to keep you updated. Please feel free to comment or ask any questions. I will have the answers! If you are interested here is the link to LISC Phoenix: http://www.lisc.org/phoenix/about_us/index.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment