Saturday, November 7, 2009

Mapping

This weekend I have been working on collecting NSP (Neighborhood Stabilization Program) information. The Neighborhood Stabilization Program was established for the purpose of stabilizing communities that have suffered from foreclosures and abandonment. Through the purchase and redevelopment of foreclosed and abandoned homes and residential properties, the goal of the program is being realized. I am searching HUD and individual city websites for each city’s target areas. I am going to compile a map of NSP target areas by zip code for Maricopa County. This will give the program I am working on at LISC a focal point on funding that is being allocated that can be tapped into. It will also help us target specific zip codes of employers’ within the NSP target areas. This is going to be a tedious process but helpful and save time in the beginning stages of this program.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you go to azcentral.com you can also target specific neighborhoods by zipcode to see how many foreclosures there are. I used to do this when I was still appraising.

    ReplyDelete